Due to the many requests for this recipe on my Instagram post, I decided to post this recipe here! It’s super easy to make!
I was inspired by Tasty’s Mozzarella Pesto Cheese Balls here.
After watching the video, I just made up my own measurements (because I wanted extra butter for dipping after they were baked, and wanted the balls to be more cheesy inside).
Yields 24 balls.
2 cans biscuit dough *you can opt to make your own home-made dough if you’d like 🙂
3/4 mozzarella ball, cut into 24 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 cloves chopped garlic
pinch of course salt
grated parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F
2. Cut the two cans of biscuit dough (6 pre-portioned biscuits each can) into halves, making 24 pieces of dough; roll each into a ball.
3. Push 1-inch cube of mozzarella in centre of each dough ball, then pinch edges together to seal cheese in the centre.
4. Place balls in a dutch oven/loaf pan (you’ll probably want to use two)/cast iron pan. The balls can be placed in a single layer in two smaller pans or or you can layer them in one, like I did for the more pull-apart look. Link to the dutch oven I used here.
5. Melt all butter, parsley and garlic together in small pot or microwave.
6. Brush melted butter mixture over all balls. Sprinkle with pinch of salt. Keep remaining butter mixture.
7. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with more butter, then sprinkle with as much parmesan cheese as you’d like. Serve butter mixture for dipping when eating. Best enjoyed warm out of the oven 🙂
*Serve with marina & red chili flake dipping sauce if desired
**Cheese can be substituted for any cheese you’d like, and the dough can also be stuffed with other ingredients such as prosciutto!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do end up making it, I would love to know! Comment, or tag me on Instagram @bitesofvancouver